Concert on the Green cannot do what we do without the help and support of our volunteers. You are the unsung heroes that produce an amazing community event every year and provide Clay County with a long-standing tradition of a summer musical festival.
We would like to welcome you to apply for a position on our volunteer Concert on the Green Planning and Event Team. All volunteer positions play an important role in the success of our event day and play a role in our scholarship program for students and our grants to schools. Once your application is complete, we will be in contact with you.
Please consider sharing your skills with us by getting involved in our leadership
team. This position will entail a few hours each week at home, or in the
community, plus an hour-long meeting every 3 to 4 weeks between January and May. Involvement
in an event day position only will include one 2 hour meeting the week
before the event plus a 3 to 4 hour commitment on the event day.
Volunteer duties needed:
- Event Day Volunteers: Help out in various ways to sell tickets, parking, escort Patrons, etc.
- Event Day Stage Coordinator: This person serves to assist in coordinating the pre-concert presentation program when scholarship awards are given to students.
- Graphic Designer: The Concert On the Green graphic designer assists in designing ads, Facebook posts, event posters, scholarship announcement posters, tickets, banners and the event day program.
- Historian: A concert on the green historian is needed! This is a long-standing tradition in the county and records needed to be organized and maintained.
- Marketing Assistant: The success of Concert On The Green is dependent on successful marketing. Our planning team needs an experienced creative person to enhance our efforts.
- Poster Art Competition Leader: The Poster Competition chairperson communicates with local art instructors about the competition, ensures marketing of the competition takes place, communicates with local art galleries, coordinates judging and showcasing of poster art at local venues, etc.
- Patron Recruitment Captain: Assists in ideas to help boost patron support of the event.